The Chartered Economist recognizes the responsibility of the economics professional to foster ethical standards in our profession.
The Ch.E. does hereby adopt the following CODE OF ETHICS AND PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS to provide direction in attaining high principles of truth, justice, zeal and good faith dealings.
- To abide by all international regulations.
- To maintain high standards of conduct when seeking employment, performing services and negotiating transactions so as to create a high ethical standard to the public.
- To continue building the acknowledge-base of our professional community through study collaboration and continuing education.
- To build confidence and the trust of the public and our employers using diligence, honesty, cooperation and confidentiality.
- To provide occasional pro-bono assistance to disadvantaged persons who may seek insight and advice in the economics and related fields where we are qualified to do so.
- To work with University, Colleges, other professional bodies and academic groups in improving economics standards and the practical economics education of individuals.
- To illustrate zeal and professionalism with all our dealings with clients and customers.
- To observe the Chartered Economist – Ch.E. designation trademarks, service marks, intellectual property rights of the GAFM™ / ACCE™
- To reduce waste, improve efficiency and protect the environment through the effective use of natural resources without causing more harm than good.